So apparently the SEC is now taking the bull by the horns and reviewing cases “as they come in” about new ponzi schemes (see Time’s news article). What strikes me as being so weird about this is that, for all the ‘new direction’ and safety and security of the financial industry that the SEC is […]

Read More →

Warren Buffett has provided an interesting proposalĀ for the use of the Treasury moneys just recently passed by the US Congress and Senate. According to Buffett, allow people who do have funds available to invest to put up a 20% equity stake in the purchasing distressed assets with the Treasury providing the other 80%. In this […]

Read More →

CNN reports today about NASA’s mid-life crisis and the agency having lost its way. In truth I feel that the lack of vision is not characteristic of a failure on NASA’s part to develop strategic policy but rather a lack of vision on the part of America‘s top administration to recognize the value such contribution […]

Read More →

So here is a scary thought: Asteroid 2007 TU24 was discovered on October 11, 2007 and it was only determined on January 24th, 2008 to not be a threat. What is the problem here? The closest approach to Earth of this object was calculated to be just 5 days later. Now I don’t know about […]

Read More →

The US financial crisis is one of epic proportions. To understand it one needs to understand why and how money changes hands within a fairly complex system of exchanges To start we have the consumer with standard requirements for various types of debt instruments: mortgage, revolving credit, car loans, etc.. The consumer goes to the […]

Read More →